Tuesday 15 January 2013

Make It Or Break It: Payson Edition

Please please please let the accessible gymnastics season begin...Or just put all my favourite tv shows back on air. Waiting until April for GoT is diabolical, waiting every week for Bunheads, Dance Moms and Criminal Minds is irritating. Or maybe I really need something to do, if tomorrow's news is what I'd like to hear I shall have a place in my course of choice. Then I want a job....Epica in April as well as Supanova.

Sorry, I'm dying out here with nothing new to watch. Onto Payson and her small array of leotards. This edition will be somewhat short if it goes to plan because Payson's character doesn't go through a huge range of leotards, likely because her character is lower middle class and can't afford as many fancy new leotards, at least until her Grrl Bar deal.

The first one is a doozy.
 Just look at the poor girl's expression, she knows what she's wearing. Purple velvet, ew. I don't mind the patterns and the subtle rhinestones but the shiny purple velvet is just disgusting, it belongs on little girls, or the Chinese. Well especially the Chinese because they are little, but then again red velvet doesn't look to bad and we've come to expect that from them. Nevertheless London was a lovely change. I don't know, that particular shade just doesn't work for me, it just isn't appealing. Blegh!

A much nicer shade of purple, but dark and light of practically the same shade. Not to mention the piping on the outline, personally it never works because it just looks out of place. It's a bit athletic but I suppose it works on Payson because she's the strong powerful one. I could be totally wrong about this one, I'm personally more inclined into girly pretty leos.

The shiny fabric on the bottom, love. The shape above the breast, love. The purple velvet, terrible. Honestly I thought purple velvet left when the 90's did. Not to mention it's not particularly flattering. If it were regular leo fabric, the non-shiny plain stuff, and perhaps in a more contrasting colour I'd be totally onboard. In fact it'd be shot to my top Payson list.

I look at that stripe and I instantly thought, "baby sling". She means to carry a baby, perhaps she should have given this one to Emily, then she could look after her kid and go to the Olympics. The shiny purple on the other hand I'm enjoying, its a nice girly shade and I like it. If they took away the white stripe completely and just left it as plain purple I'd still put it here because despite being plain is beautiful.


In the beginning I thought this leo was gorgeous, but now I look at it and I think Payson time-warped into the 90's, stole a truckload of colourful velvet and came back to make this based on a drawing from when she was 5. Kinda nasty but it's just way too much. I keep saying it but colourful velvet is terrible, it was only every acceptable on the Chinese because their gymnastics is so damn good and still it was only when the velvet was red as opposed to orange. Rhinestones on already shiny fabric is another to don't and mesh sleeves only work once in a blue moon (pun unintended).

Another butchy leotard, and bland I might add. I'll give her a free pass just because Sascha is gone and she's attempting to be in charge, and you hardly ever get attractive gym teachers. I'm not sure how I feel about the gray, again with the piping and the stripes are just pointless. I don't think words are necessary, we can see this leo for what it is.

Hallelujah. I love this one, the shade of purple is right, the swirls aren't unflattering and the piping works because it is incorporated into spaghetti straps. I think we can all agree on this one and how nice it is. I do admit that's a little hard because the picture isn't great but it was a little hard, the rest were far blurrier.

One word, albeit repeated: Shiny, shiny, shiny, shiny, shiny, shiny... Just unflattering and a huge distraction

First, or was it second episode of the last season. I like this one, just not on Payson. Jungle green is not her colour but on someone else it could be a hit.

On it's own I like the shade of shiny purple, but on Payson I think not. Poor girl looks a little larger than she is. The swirls are just unflattering and a distraction. The sweetheart is unecessary, we all know Payson has boobs, no need to highlight the assets she clearly has.

I like the colour and the stripes but not as a whole. I don't know, I can't really say too much about this one, it's just wacky and I think I'll leave the decision up you guys. If you have anything to say send a message, comment whatever.

Lucky last, literally the last gymnastics leotard Payson will ever wear. Red is a nice colour on her though, it's bright and is a nice nod to her fiery attitude and her perseverance. The rhinestones are nice and subtle. The fabric is velvet, red velvet. I think the fact that it isn't shiny saves it. The neckline, is just odd to me. The leo is nice but the hair and the new routine for Payson made me see her as an old lady. Like Emmett's old lady ice-skating outfit from Project Runway Season Two. Not to mention the routine was just cheesy, repetitive and boring. The character frustrated me, who cares if you don't anchor the competition, you just got told you were practically guaranteed onto the Olympic team, no small feat considering that only five girls achieve this every four years.

Payson, a rather lackluster wardrobe. Next time, Wendy, Jordan and some background characters as well as a few group shots.

Then after that the rest of the group shots, theres a fair few to be seen.

That's all for this week. Comments, requests and all the rest are all welcome. Till Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment