Tuesday 12 February 2013

Sylvia P Designs Part One

Yeah, I said I was reviewing Amco but there was nothing much there worth reviewing and what I did have in my Amco folder was actually a subcategory on the website titled Dreamlight Studios so that will be in place instead of Amco. Instead of doing that this week, we'll just focus on Sylvia P because I was crawling through the website and I found a few gems I may not have noticed before.


 Hello, blue velvet. I will say though it's a lovely shade of blue and it's not as offensive as other velvets. The white is a nice complement but the shape over the bust, dear god. I'm expecting a floor routine about a shark. Ok, one bad comment for one good one. I really like the detail with the straps on the back, it's nice and unique.

Here we go. I get the feeling this was meant to go in the Sport Acrobatics category. Short sleeves in artistic gymnastics, I appreciate the innovation. But it doesn't work this time around. Then there's the design on the torso. That red and blue, really doesn't work together, the colours are too strong to work together. Then there's the fact that the shape looks like a warped superman logo. It's a hot mess.

Black and white, it's always a nice combination. I like how the fabric is a little shiny but not too shiny. My problem is with the swirly black hole forming on the chest and fanning out across the sleeves. What is that meant to be? I don't know. The gym that wears these must be the Milky Ways, of the Solar Systems right? Wrong, the Zeles Club. I have no idea whether that's a town name or a gym name, either way it matches their leos. Kudos for that

The first thing I thought when I saw this was, "looks like Chuso would wear it". I suppose it's the whacky shapes and colours that makes me think that because it looks like something you'd see her team wearing in the 80s. Just, wrong for everything.

Oh dear god thank you. A lot of people would say it's ridiculous. I could agree but I've seen enough disasters to consider anything not terrible to be great. That and I appreciate the white and blue combination. They work together. It's simple and it's nice. The team that walks out in this has to stand out, for all the right reasons.

Rhinestones on the shoulder, just yuck. It's like someone tipped over the container and glued them down where they landed. It's rather nonsensical. The black and white is a nice combination as I've said time and time again but this time it's rather ruined by the pattern in white. The stripe across the upper torso is unflattering and the lower stripe is equally bad. However I do like the little curved ends on the back. It's something new.


I'm not sure that words are needed but lets have a crack at it. If anyone is familiar with the episode of the IT Crowd when Jen is on her period and turned into that monster with red hair and crazy makeup then you'll instantly see the resemblance. Red and black, although a nice combination doesn't work in this case. The way the red is placed looks like is was places over the top rather than incorporated into the fabric. Then there's the rhinestones which make everything worse and the background fabric which is meant to imitate skin and looks awful.

I'll be honest with you guys. I'm running out of resources and in light of that I think I'll cut this episode into two parts. Also because it's rather a lot to read and take in once a week.

Until next time we'll finish off Sylvia P Designs and see whats new in the gym world.


No comments:

Post a Comment